In cooperation with the best weather forecast in Poland (in our opinion) managed by University of Warsaw we have designed and implemented a new mobile version of the service. We focused on user experience and tests to make sure that smartphone and tablets users are satisfied and engaged.
Meteo.pl has been delivering precise prognosis for over 10 years and is probably the most accurate and reliable weather service in Poland. Its methodology is used also by U.S. Navy.
The project included:
- creating mockups – for desktop and mobile versions
- integration engine for the present service www.meteo.pl
- more than a dozen iterations on physical devices (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, various dimensions, various brands, various resolutions
- usability tests – including field trials with HTML5 Geolocation API downloading weather forecast according to GPS data
- optimization for large traffic
“Lizard Media following their own initiative proposed, designed, tested and delivered alternative channel for our weather forecast propagation. The main objective was to have the service available on mobile devices that works without installation. We are happy with the result and appreciate that all the cost in the project has been undertaken by the agency” – says Maciej Filocha, vice-head of department in ICM.
“Our objective was to use very reliable high quality weather service and propagate it in a very useful form. Mobile service was a perfect solution. It has given access to the weather forecast to millions of Poles. We have tested our user experience, usability knowledge and skills in a large scale project with advanced features like GPS field trials and gain more experience. Mission accomplished and we are proud of the effect” – says Paweł Biliński, UX manager in Lizard Mobile
Success from the first day
Already on the first day the mobile version of the service was viral published on the portal Wykop.pl. During first week we had over 100.000 page views of the service.